Manufacturing Engineer – Electromagnetic Components
Date: 07 Jan 2019
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the purpose of the role is to provide hands on technical support to manufacturing processes, and to assist in maintaining all required operational qualifications and standards.
- Providing support to manufacturing management with operational activities, and ensuring standards of build are maintained
- Ensuring all processing methods are updated with respect to customer requirements and standards
- Supporting processes with correct and appropriate test methods.
- Ensure that products are designed with manufacturability in mind including aspects such as routing and jigging
Ideal candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- HNC or equivalent in Engineering/Science
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a similar role
- A good understanding and experience of Welding, Braising and soldering techniques to industry standards, including testing methods.
- An excellent understanding of engineering documentation including drawings, specifications and work instructions.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques including Root Cause analysis
- Experience of working with third party organisations for weld qualification.
- Knowledge of Welding, Brazing & Soldering
- Experience of preparing pFMEA’s
The position comes with 33 days holiday per annum (in.c public holidays), a 4.5 day week and a competitive benefits package.