Design & Development Engineer
Date: 21 Jun 2018
We have an exciting role for a Design & Development Engineer to provide Mechanical Engineering expertise and technical support to the organisation to implement new product and product/process development opportunities.
The core duties of this role are as follows:
- The creation, amendment and control of new and existing design documentation, Engineering Drawings, Specifications and BoMs/routes, across the Centronic product range.
- Support and maintain a culture that promotes Health and Safety values within the Company.
- Provide a technical interface to the supplier/customer
- Draft technical documentation such as Assembly and Test Specifications, Quality Plans, Production Permits, Concessions and response to Non Conformities.
- Improve the capability of the Company (Skills, Product. Process, Equipment) in support of the Five Year Business Plan.
The successful candidate will be friendly, hardworking and someone who will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Possess a degree minimum in mechanical engineering and/or equivalent experience, working in a design/drawing office within a manufacturing engineering environment.
- Strong background in Mechanical design, including stress calculations, design for manufacture and tolerance calculations.
- Have the ability to draught to BS8888 standards (ASME Y14.5 an advantage) and be able to apply geometric tolerancing (GDT).
- Ability to review drawings accurately.
- Previous experience of DFMEA and PFMEA.
- Knowledge of materials.
- Knowledge of welding/brazing practices.
- Experience in Assembly and Test procedure writing and planning a test regime.
- Understanding of structure for BOM’s and routes.
- Experience of developing prototypes.
- Experience of interfacing with customers on commercial and technical level.
- Previous experience of CAD/PDM administration an advantage, but not essential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including pension and life insurance, and are committed to developing our employees within a culture of continuous improvement.