CAD Design & Development Engineer
Date: 21 Jun 2018
We have an exciting role in our Engineering department to carry out the design and development of our products, which include Radiation Detectors and Electro-Optic devices.
The core duties of this role are as follows:
- Create, amend and control new and existing design documentation, Engineering Drawings, Specifications, across the Centronic product range.
- Ensure that all documentation (drawings, BOMs, procedures, etc.) are created accurately and kept up to date in accordance with recognised configuration control standards.
- Ensure that the creation of all the design and build documentation is done so in a timely manner and in accordance with the requirements of the project plan.
- Apply own knowledge of engineering materials and processes to aging and obscelesent documentation, in order to keep existing builds up to date.
- Liaise across departments, with production, procurement and sales staff to understand needs regarding drawings, specifications and Bills of Material, etc.
The successful candidate will be friendly, hardworking and someone who will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Possess an HND minimum in mechanical engineering and/or equivalent experience working in a design/drawing office within a manufacturing engineering environment.
- Have good computer skills, including competency in Autodesk Inventor (Autodesk Vault an advantage) and proficiency in Windows and MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Have a good working knowledge of materials (metals) and their specifications, finishes and joining techniques (fasteners, welding, etc.).
- Have good presentation skills and be able to deliver high spec design and build documentation accurately and concisely.
- Have the ablity to draught to BS8888 standard (ASME Y14.5 an advantage) and be able to apply geometric tolerancing (GDT).
- Possess good communication skills and be able to liaise with and understand the requirements of other departments and their processes.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the ability to work to under pressure in order to achieve agreed timescales.
- Previous experience of CAD/PDM administration is an advantage, but not essential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including pension and life insurance, and are committed to developing our employees within a culture of continuous improvement.