Date: 26 Nov 2015
We are seeking to appoint experienced Technical Buyers to place purchase orders for parts as required and to provide technical decisions in support of materials purchased.
- Understanding the requirement for the approval and purchase of fully traceable materials, the understanding and comparison of material chemical/mechanical specifications to those specified by the customer and the ability to follow through with the decision making process to select suitable conforming material
- Interfacing with suppliers to achieve targets and objectives, negotiating with suppliers to ensure the price and delivery is met
- Review data to make decisions on items to put on Kanban, setting up internal systems to deal with the demand triggers
- Visiting suppliers to assess capabilities, both current and prospective alternatives
- Plan and procure materials from approved suppliers to support achievement of production plan in line with agreed timelines.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Can read Engineering Drawings to either BS308 /BS8888 Standards (ASME would be useful)
- Have a basic understanding of predominantly Aluminium and Stainless Steel grades (e.g. Ally - 1200/1050A, ST/ST – BS970, BS EN 10088)
- Awareness of different grades / types of Brass, Copper, Titanium and non-metallic (Plastics, Ceramics, Rubber)
- Understanding of Cure Dates and the associated controls (lifed items such as O-Rings, Chemicals, Solvents)
- Familiar with customer contract review process and the requirements of meeting customer specific materials
- Understanding of Material Mil Certs and the different types (e.g. 2.2, 3.1 – BS EN 10204)
- Obsolescent Management – Management of potential obsolescence and working with suppliers
- Traceability of Raw Materials – Mil Cert Heat / Cast No. and the link to the final product
- Understanding of ERP (MRP systems, work planning)
- Supplier Management (Relationship, Delivery / Quality Performance)
- Ideally an awareness of Rolls-Royce business process – SABRe / GS3001 / RRES90009 / Non Metallic Database
- Technical background (e.g. Aerospace, Nuclear)Understanding Quality Assurance (e.g. BS EN ISO9001, AS9100)
Successful applicants will receive a very competitive salary and benefits package, including life insurance, a generous pension scheme, 25 days holiday as standard, a 4.5 day working week and a professional, rewarding working environment.